Groover

vendredi 12 juillet 2024

Interview SynlakrosS

SynlakrosS's new single 'Bunnies And Bows' tackles powerful themes of discrimination and oppression. We discuss the personal inspirations behind the song and the upcoming album 'Mental Parasites'.

1. Your new single 'Bunnies And Bows' tackles heavy themes of discrimination, oppression, and harassment. Can you tell us more about the inspiration behind this song and its lyrics?

It is a very personal song, I speak from my own experience and I know that other people can relate. I wanted to make lyrics that empower those people.

2. Patricia, the lyrics are said to be very personal for you. Can you share more about your experiences that shaped 'Bunnies And Bows'?

I simply wrote what I felt and have felt many times.

Throughout my life I have had my ass or tits touched without my permission. Sometimes quickly and anonymously and other times thinking they could.

My boss asked me a few times to dress sexier and show more skin.

Many times, my opinions and those of other women I know have been ignored because they are women, that's all.

And I know a couple of idiots who underpay the women they work with and fire them if they complain.

And the list goes on...

There are many great people and great men who I love and respect. No doubt about that.

There are many more like them than the assholes, but the assholes make more noise.

3. The music video for 'Bunnies And Bows' is visually striking. What was the concept behind it, and how does it enhance the song's message?

I was inspired by the made up disease Hysteria, which was considered exclusive to women. Many women who were sent to asylums by their relatives and husbands were labeled with this and other mental illnesses, when they were not submissive and had independent thinking.

Many women suffered and died in these terrible places.

It wasn't that long ago that this existed.


4. Your upcoming album 'Mental Parasites' will be released on October 3rd. What can fans expect from this album in terms of themes and musical style?

I think it is the album in which we have felt the most free when composing. We have done whatever we wanted, especially me when I wrote the lyrics.

There are musical and vocal details that we have not used before.

The songs on this album are inspired by personality disorders, as well as thoughts and attitudes that parasitize our mind, turning it into a hostile place and making us live in hell.

They invite self-reflection in an entertaining way.

5. SynlakrosS blends melodic death metal with alternative metal, nu metal, and metalcore influences. How do you balance these different styles in your music?

I don't know if there is balance or not, I just know that they integrate very naturally for us. It just flows.

6. You’ve mentioned influences from bands like In Flames, Korn, and Slipknot. How have these bands shaped your sound, and are there any other influences that fans might be surprised by?

I think it's very obvious that we are big fans of In Flames, but I think people would be surprised if they knew that we listen to very varied styles of music, not just metal, and that sometimes some influence from Michael Jackson, video game music, Mindless Self Indulgence or Dorian Electra, etc has sneaked in.


7.Can you describe your songwriting process? How do you typically develop a new song from the initial idea to the final recording?

Pablo is the composer of the band, he is always creating. We choose the songs that we like the most among all the songs that he has composed. Then each one contributes musically. Before starting to write the lyrics, I choose the theme of the album and research it, and from there I write the lyrics/compose the vocals.

8. What challenges did you face during the production of 'Mental Parasites,' and how did you overcome them?

Personally, I had a great time writing and recording this album. For me the challenge is to do something new and better than the previous one. It is something that requires dedication, a lot of dedication, but I love it. We love it.

9. As a female-fronted band in the metal scene, what has been your experience, and what advice would you give to other bands looking to make their mark?

I've been doing this for more than a decade and I've seen and experienced a lot of things. Things are changing, but we are still far from true equality.

My only advice is to do what you like, to do what you want, no matter what others say.

10. What are your plans for promoting 'Mental Parasites' after its release? Can fans expect any tours, special performances, or other events?

We will tour Europe again with this new album. We will play in cities where we have already played, but also in new cities and countries. We are looking forward to it!

SynlakrosS

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire