Groover

dimanche 17 mars 2024

Interview John Carcer

Explore the artistic odyssey of John Carcer, blending horrorcore with shoegaze, drawing inspiration from vintage horror, and teasing intriguing collaborations on his upcoming album, "My European Dream."


1. Can you tell us more about your role as an artist, encompassing vocals, producing, engineering, and writing?
Personally I love it. Multitasking roles and having full control over all my ideas is great but it can get overwhelming at times which ends up making me burned out all the time.
2. You mentioned starting with horrorcore scream rap and transitioning to shoegaze music. What prompted this shift in musical style?
I guess it's just part of the journey as we all change overtime when making music so I guess for this era I'm making softer music but still keeping my very notable video style which is what I care about the most
3. What are your main musical influences, both in terms of artists and genres?
Love my low budget horror movies from like the 80's to very early 2000's. It helps me create my massive ideas and stories so I can always come up with something extravagant and stand out in the crowd. Not trying to force that but if you're not making something new then why would I or anyone care about it?



4. Are there any interesting or amusing anecdotes from your musical journey that you'd like to share with your fans?
Favourite part of being an artist is speaking to amazing people fans or not I met my partner through this and my best friend too shout-out my man "nolongeradalia" he's my ride or die for this shit. My duo for Fortnite and music, that's if he ever makes which is almost never but we got something in the works with my collective "Carcer Crew TV" so stay tuned for that.
5. Have there been any particularly memorable collaborations with your favorite artists so far?
I've got an insane collaboration that appears on my upcoming album but for many legal reasons and issues I'm not allowed to say who it is and I had to change the feature name. But once you hear it you will know who it is in an instant. She has been a dream to collaborate with and I'm happy it happened.
6. Where was your single "erotica" recorded, and who was involved in its production?
I wrote the full album in one sitting and I waited a few months for my producer to send me a beat. Recorded it one take until it was perfect which was around 6 months or so to get it perfect. What you hear in the song even the tone change it was all one take. I do that so when I eventually play live it's gonna sound the same if not better for some of them.


7. What is the central theme or message behind the single "erotica", and how does it connect with the upcoming album?
Well its all one long story that gets played out and for the first single the character is getting drowned or more less tortured for the entertainment of others but he would rather die in peace on his own terms. The next song in the album he ends up escaping but I will wait till the album releases to let you know the story.
8. Are there any specific tracks from the album that you'd like to emphasize, and why?
Got a song on there called "sid and nancy" and it's the conclusion to John Carcer character as whole. Will he come back I don't know it will all make sense in due time but expect a big finale to happen when it comes out. September is a special month.
9. Can you share any notable or amusing happenings from the recording or production process of "my european dream"?
There's probably about 5 different versions of the album with the same lyrics just different tracklist arrangements, instrumentals and mixing. Oh my god the amount of cover arts I made for the album is catastrophic it was almost impossible to pick the right one like right now I'm still tweaking with it haha. One of my favourite album arts I made for was given to my artist "SAEKO" which was used for his latest project that I directed.


10. Could you provide a personal quote for your upcoming album, "my european dream"?
Well it's one hell of a story. Very fucked up to the point everyone might unfollow me but games the game. Oh yeah and listen to all these songs with headphones for the best experience please.

(30) John Carcer - YouTube

John Carcer (@johncarcerr) • Photos et vidéos Instagram

John Carcer - erotica (ffm.to)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire