Groover

vendredi 24 mai 2024

Interview Love Ghost

In this interview, we dive into Love Ghost's latest track, "DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?", exploring its inspiration, collaborations, and the band's creative journey.

1. Congratulations on your latest collaboration "DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?" Could you tell us about the inspiration behind this track and how the collaboration with Cinnamon Babe came about?
Honestly I wrote the song because I was getting hated on by tiktokers and it really pissed me off
😂 so I wrote a song essentially about dealing with online hate. I met cinnamon babe through instagram and we’ve been playing shows together for the past year or two.
2. "DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?" seems to carry a strong message for the haters. What motivated you to address this theme, and how important is it for you to convey messages through your music?
Yeah, I mean if I’m being honest I believe people can have any view they want on me, but I was able to communicate my angry emotions through music which I otherwise wouldn’t of been able to do through words alone. That’s one reason why music is such an important tool for storytelling, social commentary and cultural expression. Music expressed the words we can’t speak.
3. Working with producer Mike Summers, known for his work with artists like Tech N9ne and Kendrick Lamar, must have been an exciting experience. How did this collaboration influence the sound and direction of the song?
Yes, Mike Summers is extremely talented and I love working with him. He definitely has a great ear and aesthetic for music which helped influence the song by bringing out the Nu-Metal aspects.
4. Love Ghost has received praise from numerous publications like Rolling Stone, Clash, and Alternative Press. How does it feel to receive recognition from such esteemed sources, and how does it impact your approach to future projects?
It’s definitely a blessing to receive praise from these esteemed publications and it gave me more confidence. It’s a nice reminder that the sleepless nights and the hard work are not meaningless.


5. Your recent European tour included performances at the Rockpalast festival in Germany and various venues in Mexico City. Can you share any memorable experiences or highlights from these shows?
Of course. There were many highlights and cool experiences. For example during the Rockpalast concert in Bonn, Germany it felt historic. Bonn is where Beethoven is from and it felt like I was paying homage to the grandfather’s of modern music today. Such as Mozart, Beethoven, and Bach.
6. Love Ghost has collaborated with a diverse range of artists from around the world. How do these collaborations contribute to your growth as musicians, and are there any upcoming collaborations you're particularly excited about?
Of course. I always try to learn from the musicians that I work with. I still have a lot to learn and I’m learning a lot about audio engineering and the frequencies/ hrz of music and how they affect the human body/ chemical make up around them.
7. Finnegan Bell, you're currently in Mexico working with several Latin artists. How has this experience influenced your musical perspective, and can we expect any Latin-inspired elements in your future releases?
Well I’m currently in California on the other side of the border, but in a few days I will jet down south to make more music and perform at concerts. I’ve thought about adding more traditional “Latin” sounds to songs especially in the production side of it but at the moment it hasn’t materialized.
8. Love Ghost has an upcoming album with Tim Skold, known for his work with Marilyn Manson. What can fans anticipate from this collaboration, and how did the partnership with Skold come about?
Yes, the album me and Skold are working with is in my opinion the best music that I have ever created. It is a really special project and im very proud of it. I met Skold and his wife Erin at the viper room on Halloween night. All the stars have aligned for that project and I’m honored to work with someone so intelligent and talented.


9. Your online presence spans across various platforms like Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and TikTok. How do you utilize these platforms to connect with your audience, and do you find one platform more effective than others in reaching your fans? I honestly just post hella content and obviously post my music in addition. I think I prefer Instagram and YouTube more than the other platforms.
10. With a wide array of influences and experiences, how would you describe the evolution of Love Ghost's sound since its inception, and where do you see it heading in the future?
Yeah, it’s funny how someone’s art will change. The evolution is pretty evident. If you listen to love ghost’s older music it can be pretty basic in my opinion. Now the music is much more interesting in my opinion
11. The band has been featured on major streaming platforms like Apple Music, Spotify, and Deezer. How important is streaming in today's music industry, and how do you navigate the challenges and opportunities it presents?
Streaming is practically all of the industry today. There’s no real gate keepers in music anymore. As long as you have internet access you can release your music online and on to streaming services. I try to focus on that positive instead of the negatives such as how hard it is to monetize your music. I have a weird relationship with money. It comes and it goes. It hurts and it heals. It’s a similar relationship that I have with my love life.
12. Love Ghost's discography includes a mix of singles and albums. How do you approach the creation of singles versus albums, and do you have a preference for one format over the other?
Singles do more today in the age of streaming/ social media. It’s the business of gaining people’s attention. And people don’t always have the ability to pay attention to something that is too long and requires too much focus. But the process of creating an album is very special and creatively nourishing.


13. As a band, what do you hope listeners take away from your music, and what do you aspire to achieve with your artistry in the long term?
I believe what they take away will be in the eye of the beholder. But my hope would be that people will be healed from their trauma / mental health issues.
14. Lastly, what's next for Love Ghost? Any upcoming projects or plans you can share with us?
Stay tuned for the Love Ghost x Skold album that comes out this year.

https://loveghost.com/

(2) Facebook

Love Ghost (@loveghost_official) • Photos et vidéos Instagram

Love Ghost x Cinnamon Babe "DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?" (official music video) (youtube.com)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire